Project management, and web/content development and communications professional with over 10 years of experience creating and maintaining web sites and producing communications materials for nonprofits. I maintain a calm, friendly, and respective manner with my co-workers and work well with people from all walks of life.
“Patricia Chadwick is a top talent of creative Internet work, from websites to social media. With years of dedication to important public policy issues, Patricia is totally reliable, ethical, proactive, professional, consistent, and makes the experience user-friendly for the rest of us. Patricia is also as comfortable working on an issue in Nairobi or Bangkok as she is one in San Francisco or Washington, D.C.” —Anthony Garrett, Senior Advisor on Policy and Strategic Development, Internews
- Web site design, development, and management in WordPress and Drupal
- Web content writing and editing (see writings and Internews)
- Social media outreach and marketing
- Digital audio and video production
- Graphics production using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator
- Email crafting and distribution using MyEmma and MailChimp
- Web accessibility, video captioning and audio describing
- Voiceover for audio books and narration for video
- Project management
- Excellent communication
- Excellent needs assessment
- Adept at problem solving and troubleshooting
- Grant and proposal writing
Member of the Planning Committee to Establish a National Museum of Disability History & Culture – Current
Assisting with communications, website and other planning to establish a museum as part of the Smithsonian in Washington, DC that would preserve and present the rich history of people with disabilities, disability policy, and disability civil rights in the United States.
Project Manager, Sonoma Developmental Center History Museum – Current
Working with the Glen Ellen Historical Society to establish a museum of the history of California state institutions for people with disabilities. The museum will be located at the former Sonoma State Developmental Center in Eldridge, CA.
Freelance Website Developer and Designer – Current
Develop and design websites for small nonprofits with a focus on accessibility and security. Most recent website redesign was for disability & LGBTI+ activist Corbett O’Toole.
Project Director, Disability Social History Project – Current
Designed and developed the DSHP web site and currently update content. Fundraised and managed projects for DSHP including the Living History Project ($25,000 grant), that conducted workshops in disability history for independent living centers in California.
Communications & Web Development Specialist, Internews – 2000 – 2021
Developed, designed and produced content for the WordPress (previously Drupal) web site for Internews, an international nonprofit media development organization. Activities included content development, image processing, and production of multimedia content for the web site. Promoted web site content through social media and email. Designed and developed email communications to send to Internews’ subscribers. Produce printed flyers on Internews projects. Participated in strategic planning for the communications department. Wrote articles on our projects and other media issues (with a particular focus on disability). Designed and managed web projects for program teams. Assisted with proposal writing related to media and disability issues. Developed materials and training for complying with accessibility standards.
Accessibility Tester (Website & Housing), Equal Rights Center, Washington, DC – 2018-2019 (part-time)
With a disabled partner, assessed the physical accessibility of new apartment buildings and the digital accessibility of commercial websites.
- Presentation to the Smithsonian on disability history, 1999
- Presentation to the National Archivists Convention on disability history, 1999
- Presentation on Media and Disability at the Annual Disability Studies Conference, 1996
- Corbett O’Toole, Queer Disabled Elder, 2022
- DC Poor People’s Campaign
- Empower DC – Racial Equity Initiative
- Disabled Women on the Web
Video (these were produced with limited resources and source material)
- Access Radio – radio series on disability issues
- Rancho Cucamonga Oral History Project
- Oral history project for the Native American Friendship House in Oakland
Education & Training
- PDF Accessibility Certificate – LinkedIn Learning
- Video Accessibility Certificate – 3PlayMedia
- MA, Radio and Television, San Francisco State University
- BA, Health Science, San Francisco State University
- Adobe Premiere, RoundPeg, San Francisco, CA
- Radio Production – Western Public Radio
- Food distribution and sorting at River City Food Bank
- National Nurses United and Healthcare Now – Medicare for All and CalCare advocate (Sacramento)
- Empower DC – served on their racial equity committee
- DC Health Alliance – working to get health equity for African Americans
- DC Poor People’s Campaign – coordinating committee member
- Helped found Coastal Grove Charter School in Arcata, CA and served on the board from 2001-2014
- English – Fluent
- ASL – conversant